Spelt Spaghetti is a great alternative to ordinary spaghetti because they are abundant with fibers of wheat bran or beta-glucan, which helps to keep the cholesterol level normal.
Spelta is extremely healthy for the body, and this vegetarian lunch will be able to take you to work, while their incredible nuts will melt in the mouth.
|1 x 15ml tbsp||vegetable oil|
|4||spring onions, finely chopped|
|300g||chestnut mushrooms, sliced|
|2 Tsp||sesame seeds|
|2 cloves||garlic, peeled and minced|
|2 x 15ml tbsp||soy sauce|
|2 tsp||toasted sesame oil|
|¼ tsp||dried chili flakes|
|finely grated zest of ½ lemon plus|
|1x 15ml tbsp||lemon juice|
|salt for pasta water|
|Small bunch (approx. 25g)||of flat leaf parsley, leaves finely chopped|
1. Put a large pan of water on to heat for the spaghetti. When it’s almost come to the boil, get started on the sauce.
2. Warm the vegetable oil in a wide pan (large enough to take the pasta later) that has a lid and add the finely chopped spring onions, stirring for a minute until they become vibrantly green.
3. Add the sliced mushrooms and cook them for 3–4 minutes over medium-high heat, turning them frequently in the pan.
4. Add the sesame seeds, the minced garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil, chili flakes, zest of ½ the lemon and the tablespoon of juice and stir everything together, then clamp on the lid and leave on a low heat to simmer for another 5 minutes, until the mushrooms are soft.
5. Once the pasta water’s boiling, salt exuberantly and cook the spaghetti, using the timings on the packet as a guide, but start testing a few minutes before. If your mushrooms are ready while the pasta’s still cooking, just turn off the heat and leave the pan as it is on the hob.
6. Using a pasta claw or tongs, lift the cooked spaghetti straight into the pan of mushrooms and toss together with most of the chopped parsley. Or drain the pasta, reserving some of the cooking water first. Add a little of the pasta water to help sauce and spaghetti cohere. Go spoonful by the spoonful; you may not need much.
7. Divide into bowls and sprinkle with the last bit of chopped parsley.
Join our FB page
Our vision is to inspire readers, to give them support and advice.We are here to gain your trust, and we want to hear all your opinions.Learn more
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!