Ben Hsu reportedly fell asleep with both AirPods in his ears, but could only find one when he woke up. A tracking feature on hisiPhoneindicated that he had swallowed the wireless earbud.
The AirPod in Ben Hsu’s stomach. (Asia Wire)
An X-ray revealed that the AirPod was indeed in his stomach, although Hsu was not experiencing any pain. Doctors gave him a laxative and he passed the earphone the following day in a railway station toilet.
Hsu found the missing AirPod after a gross search. After washing and drying the device he was stunned to discover that it still worked. Indeed, the AirPod’s battery was still at 41 percent, according to the Daily Mail.
Ben Hsu and the AirPod. (Asia Wire)
Apple launched its AirPods in 2016 and the product has been agreat successfor the tech giant. The Cupertino, Calif.-based firm recentlyunveiledthe second generation of the technology. The new “Hey Siri” AirPods that can be activated hands-free. Apple also now offers a wireless charging case for the devices.
Follow James Rogers on Twitter @jamesjrogers